The software has been adapted for the Excise Movement and Control System, or EMCS, relating to the electronic transfer of accompanying documents so that goods subject to excise-duty suspension may circulate in the European Community.
The EMCS is a computerized management system that enables Member States to obtain real-time information on the movements of goods subject to excise duties and to carry out the necessary checks, even while the goods are in circulation.
It is mandatory for use in all EU Member States and for all economic operators who send or receive goods subject to excise-duty suspension.
The advantages of the new system:
- Simple procedures carried out by computer.
- The process can potentially be integrated with other computer systems.
- Guarantees data is exchanged securely.
- It controls movements in real time and guarantees that shipments are received by the recipient.
- It means operators do not have to submit copy No. 3 of the accompanying document, so that it can be sealed by the applicable excise duty office.
- It removes the obligation to present weekly reports for the accompanying documents issued and received, along with incident reports.
At Hitsein we offer two EMCS options via a messaging system, a basic option is basic and an advanced option, depending on the client’s preferences.
The messaging system is hosted on our servers, and can be accessed over the internet, through a secure login on our website, which is permanently available.
The user does not need an electronic signature certificate for communications, since communication is via Hitsein’s digital certificate as an authorized business partner of the Spanish inland revenue (AEAT).
Allows the client to access our online platform and manage their communications on the EMCS system.
The user can see all their communications, monitor traceability and keep a record of movements. This solution is perfect for operators who have a relatively low volume of movements.
Allows the client to access our online platform automatically, by sending and receiving simple text files between their management software and the inboxes and outboxes on our platform, via FTP. The user can see all their communications, monitor traceability and keep a record of movements.
This option is recommended for businesses with a high volume of movements, when they need to work directly from their own management system.
- The client avoids having to purchase the software, and does not have to bear responsibility for maintaining the infrastructure, updates and backups.
- Includes the option of integrating your system into Hitsein’s EMCS software, through a simplified protocol using automatically created text files, from the base program.
- Possible to connect via any computer with internet access.
- Text files can be imported from ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning), an open multi-platform system, for integrated business management.
- It is possible to send EMCS documents in TEST mode beforehand.
- Offers the possibility for clients to consult changes in legislation, and to check the product database, vehicle and carrier destinations and scheduled operations.
- Allows clients to print parametrized documents with the ARC number.